Monday, January 18, 2010

Traps don't work - how do you get squirrels out of the walls and ceiling?

For four years I have been battling the squirrels that come in to the roof %26amp; walls through the eaves. (This house was a foreclosure that sat for 4+ years before I moved in.)





Tried blocking them out, covering their entrance holes with drilled in boards %26amp; they rip them back open. A trap won't fit in the path where they are getting in.





When I used D-con for the mice, it seemed to attract them more as a food source for nearly a year, so I got a cat instead and he took care of them. But these squirrels will not leave.





Should I use something similar to D-con, smoke them out? Help! They are eating my house and driving us crazy! Don't want the potential for rabies, etc.





I'm not into animal cruelty, but it's me or them at this point. Time for war!Traps don't work - how do you get squirrels out of the walls and ceiling?
During the 4 years they have been there, they have built nests, maybe in the instalation, and have babies.





If you run off or kill the adults , the babies will die and smell.





http://www.ehow.com type in how to get rid of squirrels in atticTraps don't work - how do you get squirrels out of the walls and ceiling?
I have heard that if you go away to work and leave your stereo with speakers playing right at where they are at maximum volume with some music with a heavy beat they will not want to make their home there and will move. If you do that for a few days that particular family of squirrels won't come back. I haven't tried it, but I know someone that has.
I like dafodils

No comments:

Post a Comment