Saturday, January 16, 2010

Is my squirrel trap big enough?

I just bought a squirell trap and i havent recieved it yet but i want to know is a 16x6x6 inch trap a big enough trap to catch lots of squirrels? If so what is the best bait to use?


and also if u are selling any kind of traps would you please let me know what kind of trap (live trap,conibear,leghold,etc.) and let me know the priceIs my squirrel trap big enough?
Your trap is big enough to hold one squirrel at a time.


I would use corn or peanuts for bait. And no I am not a trapper. I used to long ago and that was with leg hold traps before Conibear traps were invented. If I trapped now it would be with conibear's, they are more humane!Is my squirrel trap big enough?
no you will catch 1 at the time
the 16x6x6 is a live trap, use peanuts and peanut butter in a cup.


You can purchase Conibear's here:





http://www.buckshotscamp.com/Traps-Sales鈥?/a>





As cubby said, I've not used a leg hold trap in 30 years conibears do the trick and are humane kill.
I am currently a trapper and agree with Cubby and Slim


Lately I have started smearing peanut butter on the trigger plate along with tossing some green peanuts in and around the trap


It seems to be working well


I am trapping a little quicker since I started paying more respect to the chumming





And that's the size trap I use on squirrels

No comments:

Post a Comment