Monday, January 18, 2010

I trap and release squirrels about three miles from my place. Can they find their way back?

No they can't. Squirrels are Territorial therefor if you remove one, one will move in. This happens because of how Territorial they are.I trap and release squirrels about three miles from my place. Can they find their way back?
Three miles is a substantial distance for a small rodent, the answer is probably not. Unless there is constant woodland between the spot and your house, they'll be deterred by roads and buildings and set up new homes in the area released.I trap and release squirrels about three miles from my place. Can they find their way back?
They are very intelligent, even among rodents (except when they run out in front of cars, lol). I would guess that they can find their way back to your area from only 3 miles away. 15 miles might be better if you're trying to keep them away.

No comments:

Post a Comment