Monday, January 18, 2010

Is it legal in wisconsin to let squirrels die in traps on the roof of the house?

Our neighbor has a pest control company trapping squirrels on the roof of their house. Yesterday I witnessed him bring down the cage and empty the dead squirrel into a bucket in the back of his truck. There is a squirrel in the trap now and the police said it is legal to trap squirrels but they are being left to die for 2-3 days at a time. Isn't this an inhumane way to control the squirrel population? I know I saw something just like this on animal cops, what can I do, who can I contact? I contacted the humane society they directed me to the humane officer at the police station who was said to be ';looking into it'; I am so upset, I guess you cna say I am a squirrel lover! ThanksIs it legal in wisconsin to let squirrels die in traps on the roof of the house?
I live in minnesota, and as far as i know, in our 5 state area, squirrels are considered rodents and can be shot, trapped, killed in any manner...possible excluding poison. Squirrels eat away at eves on houses and can wreak havock on phone lines, ISP connections and any other wires and ';obsticals'; in thier paths. I undersatand why your neighbor would want to rid his yard of them. I also understand that letting them die for 2-3 days seems inhumane. the only ';humane'; way i could see in getting them away is using ';live'; traps and relocating them. Squirrels , however are over abudance and many times less is best. Im on then fence about this one;)Is it legal in wisconsin to let squirrels die in traps on the roof of the house?
would you prefer some one picking them off with a 22? your options are letting them die in traps, poisoning them, or picking them off one by one with a gun. since guns arent allowed to be fired within several hundred feet of houses in wisconsin, thats not an option. poison could be found by any number of things including household pets, so thats not an option. traps however can be made specificly for squrrels. so yeah, theres your answer
Join Peta and Im sure you will have thousands of people protesting your neighbor! Cmon the police have plenty of MORE IMPORTANT things to deal with than a guy trapping and killing off a few squirrels every now and then.
YES THIS IS ******* ILLEGAL THAT ******* PRICK ILL FIND HIM AND SHOOT HIM
yea its legal,Im really into states this how i know this:)
yes its is you meany :[

No comments:

Post a Comment