Monday, January 18, 2010

Squirrel Trapping Bait?

I need some good ones (and not just lik one thing like cereal). i have tried many things they all worked with oppossums and squirrels. I was think i was getting tired with my old bait, so I'll ask you guys. Well thanks.Squirrel Trapping Bait?
Squirrels are rodents. They will eat just about anything that humans eat, including, in some cases, meat. Here are some things to try:





Nuts


Dried fruits


- raisins


- cranberries


- prunes


- apricots


Fresh fruits


- all of the above dried fruits plus


- apples


- bananas


- coconut


- grapes


Dried beans


Dried corn


Suet or fatback





I have used all of these and been successful. They also have attracted other forms of wildlife as well.Squirrel Trapping Bait?
Walnuts or peanut butter.*
I use Jiff crunchey peanut butter with some Planters Honey roasted peanuts on top. This is placed on 1/2 of a slice of bread with a small stop of creamy peanut butter on the bottom to hold it to the plate. Either that or I get their attition and drill them in the head for a chunk of lead bait.





Mr. B
shelled peanuts
peanutbutter on a ritz or on the trigger of the trap
Peanut butter ans sesame oil mixture smeared on the trigger plate, has never failed me


If I don't have that I use raw peanuts, if I don't have that I buy roasted peanuts in the shell from the nearest 7-11
Peanut butter mixed with birdseed. The smell of the peanut butter brings them in quick.
I bird feeder with a slingshot launcher attached.

No comments:

Post a Comment