Monday, January 18, 2010

Fellow vegetarians, What should I do about my neighbor who traps squirrels and is letting it die in the trap?

The squirrel has been in there for at least 2 days and possibly 3. I made my peace with him using the live traps if he is going to let them go somewhere else, but this is just something I don't feel like I can look at every morning as I let my dogs out to go potty. what should I do?


My neighbor is pretty crazy.... maybe bipolar.Fellow vegetarians, What should I do about my neighbor who traps squirrels and is letting it die in the trap?
Unfortunately I doubt you can make this guy drive into the wilderness every day to release squirrels. Your other ';humane'; choice is to have him kill the squirrels every morning (ugh).





IF the ASPCA can't help, then I suggest getting your hands on some squirrel repellent based on predator urine such as fox urine. Spray this all over his yard perimeter, and onto the traps if you can reach it. Hopefully the squirrels will stop entering the traps and as a side benefit maybe his yard will stink.Fellow vegetarians, What should I do about my neighbor who traps squirrels and is letting it die in the trap?
I would call your humane society, but I'm not sure you'll be able to do much seeing as it is his property. I would just sneak over there in the middle of the night and let them go than take the traps and throw them in the garbage can. On the other hand, you might not want to take my advice, I can be a little extreme. lol.
Honestly, if it were me, I'd just sneak over there and free the poor thing. Even if that jerk never leaves his house, sometimes it's better to take a risk to save a life. Either that or I'd call ASPCA or local animal control. Leaving an animal in a cage like that without food or water has to be some form of animal cruelty.
call the humane society and bug them call them repeatedly otherwise its not your business its his property. ask him to move them if it bothers you so much. our neighbors were starving their horses i called the humane society repeatedly until they came and got them.
release it. he wouldnt notice you going into his garden in the middle of the night. but as its been there 2 days i would go release it asap or it will die.
Call the local animal humane society such as the SPCA or whatever your local one is called. They will deal with it.





Otherwise, I'd do something myself if there is no such organization around there.
Have you spoken to your neighbour about it? If he won't listen, call your local animal protection charity (e.g. RSPCA, ASPCA.. whatever).





What's wrong with squirrels, anyway?
Try calling your local humane society or SPCA and see if they have advice. I wager going on his property to release the squirrels is not an option, as that's trespassing.
He is not going to get out of bed to let them free now is he. When would he know there is one in the trap unless he kept watch all night.
Call animal control. That is animal cruelty.
that is animal cruelty, better to kill them outright than to torture them. call humane society.
Report him to animal control.
report him to the authorities you'd be just as much to blame if those little guys die and you knew and did nothing.
Call the SPCA.
put a ';humane'; bear trap on his doorstep
Squirrels are considered pests and trapping ands killing them is not necessarily against the law.. What he does in his own property especially if it is legal is not your business..





PS staying overnight outdoors in Colorado with or without food and/or water is what these animals naturally go through trapped or not..





By the way, I hope you clean up after your dogs too..

No comments:

Post a Comment